– 3 or 4 apples
– 2 1/2 cups/250gr all purpose flour
– 7 tbsp/100gr butter, room temperature
– 3/4 cup/150gr granulated sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup/125ml milk
– 1 lemon grated zest
– 2tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the top
– 1 tbs brown sugar
– 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 200° C/ 400° F. Grease and flour one 9-by-2-inch (23cm diameter) cake pan, tapping out excess flour. If you prefer line it with parchment paper.
- In a bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle put the flour, baking powder, pinch of salt, soft butter, granulated sugar, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla extract and mix till it forms a thick batter. With you food processor still running, add milk to lighten the mixture.
- Peel and core the apples. Slice three of them and cut the remaining in small chunks. Put chuncks into the pastry and then pour the mixture into the baking tin.
- On the top of it, place the sliced apples as in a radial. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Let the cake cool before slicing.